Enroll | Forms | Careers |

Frequently Asked Questions - Appeals

Who would I talk to about getting financial assistance?

The process begins by completing an application for services with intake staff. Once a complete application is received, it is assigned to a caseworker.

Do I need an appointment to meet with intake staff?

No, intake staff are available to meet with clients on a walk-in basis between 8:00 am to 3:00 pm Monday through Friday.

If I’ve received services from Tlingit & Haida in the past, do I need to turn in a new application?

No, you do not need to complete an application if you have received services in the past 90 days. After 90 days a new application is required.

I have already met with a caseworker and they said they were going to mail my benefits, but I have not received anything yet. Who would I talk to about this?

You will need to contact your caseworker.

How can I provide feedback on services received?

Complete our “How Did We Do?” customer survey report card.

Enrollment Eligibility

Do I have to be Tlingit or Haida to enroll with Tlingit & Haida?

Yes, we are restricted to enrolling individuals of Tlingit and/or Haida descent (bloodline).

Do I need an original birth certificate to be enrolled?

Yes, we will return your birth certificate once documented for your enrollment record.

I’m adopted, what paperwork do I need to submit with my application?

You will need to submit your pre-adoptive birth certificate along with your amended birth certificate.

If my father, who is the Native parent, is not listed on the birth certificate can I still be enrolled?

Yes, you will need to have your father fill out an Affidavit of Paternity stating he is your biological father. We require both biological parents to sign the affidavit.

How often do you meet to enroll new tribal citizens?

We hold two Tribal Enrollment Committee meetings per year.

Is it possible to be enrolled before the next scheduled Tribal Enrollment Committee meeting?

Yes, we are authorized to prepare a Provisional (temporary) Enrollment signed by Tlingit & Haida’s President or Chief Operating Officer.

Blood Quantum Information

How do I change my blood quantum?

If your blood quantum is incorrect, you will need to request a correction in writing and provide the necessary documentation showing proof of blood quantum.

Will you reissue a new Tribal Identification (ID) card once blood quantum is corrected?

Yes, a new Tribal ID card will be automatically reissued.

Tribal ID Cards

How do I get a Tribal ID card?

Stop by our Juneau office located at 320 W Willoughby Ave., (3rd Floor) with a form of ID verification (State ID, Social Security Card, or Voter Register). To obtain a new Tribal ID via US Postal mail, complete and submit a notarized Affidavit for Tribal Identification Card with your recent photo attached to the Program Compliance department. To obtain the form, contact our office at 1.800.344.1432 ext. 7359 or 907.463.7359, or download it from our website: www.ccthita-nsn.gov/services/enrollment/overview.

Enrollment Information Provided or Released

What information is provided over the phone regarding enrollment?

Your tribal enrollment number is the only information we provide without a written release.

Can family members request verification of enrollment?

If over 18, a written Release of Information (ROI) is required to release enrollment verification.